Hello There!

Hello there and welcome to my blog that I will be keeping as an online theoretical sketchbook throughout my autumn/winter art project. Throughout this project I will be building knowledge and practice of portrait photography.

Saturday 27 November 2010

Reminds me of..

Whilst thinking more about Text Portraits I started to get reminded of scenes from the Matrix Trilogy. Throughout the film, scenes are often depicted through arrangement of text or symbols. It relates to the whole concept of online and digital data, there are no pictures on the internet, just codes of letters and numbers that tell the computer how to arrange this code into the image we see. I think this plays hand in hand with the whole concept of a text portrait project. Everything you can find in relation to a person can produce their identity just as good as a portrait picture of them.




It leads me on to think about the ease of identity fraud in the digital age we now live in. With all the personal details we give about ourselves to social media, it's easily available and accessible on the internet. A piece by Ueltzhoeffer addresses this link in widespread accessible personal details and the identity of someone.

Textportrait - Textimages "IDENTITY" (2009) by Ralph Ueltzhoeffer.

Zoomed in:



No comments:

Post a Comment