Hello There!

Hello there and welcome to my blog that I will be keeping as an online theoretical sketchbook throughout my autumn/winter art project. Throughout this project I will be building knowledge and practice of portrait photography.

Monday 20 December 2010

Making a Text Portrait..

I found many useful hints and tips to progress into making a text portrait. As with most graphic design, it seems that Adobe Photoshop is the best application to achieve the results I seek. I visited many helpful websites, which can be found listed on the 'Websites visited' page.


The main process involves importing a picture into Photoshop and then extracting shadow and mid-tone layers, these are important because they form the main parts of a portrait to ensure the image is conceivable at the end. I have discovered two main methods of constructed a text portrait, both I feel give differing effects. The desirable effects are separated by two differing functions of art. I believe one, for example a text portrait I made below:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment