Hello There!

Hello there and welcome to my blog that I will be keeping as an online theoretical sketchbook throughout my autumn/winter art project. Throughout this project I will be building knowledge and practice of portrait photography.

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Grammys 2009

I discovered that for the Grammy Awards of 2009 there were great examples of text portraits used for the promotional posters. They all featured a series of music artists or bands where their image/portrait was created out of text. Below are some examples of the pieces:










From the posters we can see that the title of songs from all kinds of different artists form the portrait of one particular bands/artist. I think an interesting analysis of the posters is that they are implying that all the musicians influence each other and all collaboratively construct the music they make. It's quite a Post-Modernist view but I think it's cleverly done.


No comments:

Post a Comment